Senior MLR - 3D Geometry Processing | 3D Shape Generation
RemoteAmsterdam, Zeeland, NetherlandsScience and Engineering
Even if you knew everything there was to know about Machine Learning today, the idea that tomorrow you will wake up and learn something new gets you out of bed every day and excited to work in this field.
Promaton is changing dental healthcare by automating diagnostics and treatment workflows using AI, making healthcare more affordable and accessible for everyone.
Do you want to drastically change the status quo with AI so patients and clinicians worldwide can benefit significantly? See our company page to learn more about what we do.
As an ML Researcher at Promaton, you'll play a pivotal role in applying cutting-edge AI research to a customer-facing product domain. Over the years, we've established a robust ecosystem of ML pipelines that collaboratively generate crowns, align teeth, segment CBCTs, and much more. You'll be joining a team that has already successfully launched one product in the medical domain, with several more in the pipeline, and you'll have the opportunity to be part of these exciting developments!
This wouldn't have been possible without a small, international, inspired, and talented team working remotely across Europe, from the Netherlands to Greece, Spain to France, and Germany to Poland. There’s a total of 30+ of us all, mostly holding MSc and PhD degrees in various computer science and AI-related subjects. Cumulatively, we have 35+ post-graduate study years - so the team has a lot of brain power. You'll be working with an accomplished remote team of machine learning professionals who already have 8 patents on their name and have created market-leading algorithms that are in use worldwide.
Our startup grows consistently and has a very strong ‘people first’ culture. We are passionate about technical innovation in healthcare, we value autonomy, and we implement best practices from top tech product companies.
What you will be working on:
As a member of our prosthetics team, you will help us automate prosthetic workflows in dentistry.
Design and build our crown design algorithms, generating crown shapes that fit seamlessly in a patient's mouth.
Maintain and improve our 3D detection and segmentation models.
Explore the latest research and publications in 3D ML for new technologies we can leverage for our various AI algorithms.
We encourage knowledge-sharing and collaboration within our team. You'll contribute to this culture by presenting and discussing exciting new papers and engaging in stimulating engineering discussions with your colleagues.
Improving the robustness of our pipelines by implementing metrics, evaluation pipelines, and tests.
The perks of working at Promaton:
- 💰 Attractive salary package and excellent employment terms.
- 🏡 Excellent work/life balance. Freedom to work from home or anywhere you like (and any time you like). We only have a few touchpoints.
- 👩🔬 Dedicated time for hackathons and growth to explore new ideas of your own. Every quarter, we have a hackathon week where you can work on anything you like to expand your skill set!
- 🙌 Staying up-to-date with the latest in the ML field can be hard. That is why we organize monthly paper review sessions to discuss the latest developments in the field to stay up-to-date with the current state-of-the-art. Next to that, we regularly hold “ML Sparring Sessions,” where you can spar with other MLRs in the company on potential directions for projects you are working on.
- 🎓 We are dedicated to fostering personal and professional growth. Real training budget for books and conferences or anything else you need to grow and maximize your potential.
- 🚀 Work with the latest technology at the forefront of a rapidly developing field in medical imaging AI
- 🔧 We have a strong engineering culture: think of CI/CD, experiment management, auto-scaling of clusters, well-defined coding guidelines, and more.
- 💪 Loads of responsibility and autonomy (we hate micromanagement) and a chance to make a real impact.
- 🏖 Awesome yearly company retreat and quarterly team events.
- ⛺️ 32 days of annual leave
- 💻 Top-notch gear and even bigger servers to play with
- 🏄♂️ Promaton is funded for many years to come, meaning you can have the impact you only get at a startup but with the job security of an established company
- 🛬 For international engineers based in the NL (already relocated to the Netherlands), we can offer visa sponsorship
- 🎈Inclusive environment, we value and celebrate diversity
To apply for this job, we require candidates to meet the following essential qualifications:
Expertise in 3D Shape and Geometry Analysis: Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing machine learning for 3D shape and geometry analysis, for example, in applications such as graphics, AR/VR, and shape generation.
Deep Learning Model Design and Validation: Proven track record in designing, enhancing, and validating deep learning models, with a strong emphasis on their application in both 2D and 3D image processing.
Commercial Experience: A history of commercial experience, including successful deployment of machine learning systems in production environments, not limited to prototype development.
Technical Skills: Strong hands-on experience with Python, AWS, and deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow.
Software Development Proficiency: Extensive familiarity with software development workflows, including Git, GitHub, Test-Driven Development (TDD), and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD).
Passion for Software Engineering Best Practices: A commitment to software engineering principles, best practices, and the ability to contribute to clean and maintainable code.
Proactive Work Ethic: A proactive and self-driven personality with a natural inclination to drive projects and initiatives forward with a pragmatic mindset.
Mathematics background in differential geometry or topology.
You are a fan of Kornia, maybe have attended a Siggraph conference over the years too, or are even a member (past or present) of an established lab such as VGG out of the University of Oxford, MPIs in Germany, or top-tier vision+graphics labs In the US (UCSD /CMU)
Non-deep learning AI experience: classical ML, reinforcement learning, constraint satisfaction problems, etc.
Previous experience in medical AI or other regulated field
Our tech stack: Python | Pytorch | ClearML | Jupyter | Open3D | AWS | Git | GitHub | Kubernetes | Docker
Good to know:
It goes without saying that we love the power of AI, but we believe the human touch is irreplaceable in recruitment. We are looking forward to your personalized answers to our screening questions, not ChatGPT's insights!
Wondering if you should apply if your experience doesn't fit all of the job requirements? In general, we are aiming for an 80% match, so please go ahead if you get excited by the role and by the idea of joining our team! Not the right role? You can still send us an open application!
Read our blog about How to be successful in our selection process for more tips and tricks!
Let's talk if you’re curious and a constant learner, always wondering what’s next and where we can take this technology!